Cruise Ship Shore Excursion
Private Day Tour of the Boyne Valley or scenic Wicklow direct from Dublin Port Cruise Ship Terminal or Dún Laoghaire Harbour.
The Boyne Valley has a rich heritage going back to the Stone Age when the prehistoric
tombs at Newgrange
were constructed over 5,000 years ago. About 2000 years ago the Celtic people crowned their High Kings on the Hill of Tara
. The Round Tower and High Crosses
are about 1,000 years old. Mellifont Abbey
is a Cistercian Abbey founded in 1142.
Your Driver/Guide will meet you at the Cruise Ship Terminal in Dublin Port or Dún Laoghaire Harbour.
Private transport by Skoda Superb Sedan
or Mercedes MPV
for up to seven passengers.
Suggested Boyne Valley Shore Excursion
- Pick up from your cruise ship in Dublin Port or Dún Laoghaire Harbour.
- Brú na Bóinne Visitor Experience - an introduction to the 5,000 year old passages tombs of the Boyne Valley.
- Visit the megalithic passage tombs at Newgrange and Knowth with the on-site guide. These are UNESCO World Heritage sites so you will be joining others on the official tour.
- Hill of Slane - where St. Patrick lit the Paschal Fire in 433.
- Hill of Tara - Seat of the Hill Kings of Ireland.
- Return to your your cruise ship in Dublin Port or or Dún Laoghaire Harbour.
Tours can be customised to suit the interests of the traveller and the Irish weather.
Alternative sites include:
Suggested Scenic Wicklow Shore Excursion
- Pick up from your cruise ship.
- Sally Gap scenic mountain drive crossing the bridge from the 'P.S. I Love You' movie.
- Lough Tay also known as the Guinness Lake.
- Glendalough monastic settlement founded in the 6th century by St Kevin.
- Avoca Handweavers - café and craft shop.
- Avoca Village - Location for TV series Ballykissangel.
- Coastal drive back to your cruise ship via Killiney and Dalkey.
Total tour price is 525 euro for up to 7 guests, the price is per vehicle, not per person.
Admission fees and meals are not included in the tour price. A tour can be extended beyond
the standard 8 hours at the hourly rate of 65 euro.
Cruise Critic Reviews:
It was one of the best tours of the entire cruise and I highly recommend him.
We had arranged for a private guide when we arrived in Dublin and he was waiting
for us when we got off the ship. Our guide was Michael Fox with Boyne Valley Tours.
We spend a wonderful day seeing some of the local sights, which included Newgrange,
a Neolithic period site which predates the pyramids of Egypt. We arrived before
the tour buses and he also took us to several other interesting spots including Trim castle.
If you are looking for a day trip out of the city, then I highly recommend Boyne Valley Tours.
Michael Fox is the owner and he drives an Audi. He will design a route based on the sites that
you want to visit in the Boyne Valley. He will get you to Newgrange early in the morning before
the tour buses. He also has some great ideas on places to see/visit that may not be on your
list. He has lots of great info on places and is very reliable, prompt, and friendly.